Monday, March 17, 2008

Kari vs. Counterfeiters

Those who know me well know that I have a passion for fashion and design. Even stronger is my stance against violating intellectual property laws by counterfeiting. Well, I decided if I was going to talk the talk, I better walk the walk. I could remain silent no longer.

In December, as I was visiting a local Edmond salon for my usual color and cut, I was appalled to see that the salon was selling counterfeit Chanel and Tiffany jewelry. While I wanted to take a baseball bat to the jewelry case and conduct a citizens arrest on the owners, I decided to take a less violent approach and contacted Chanel and Tiffany to report this heinous crime. I was skeptical that any action would be taken, but felt better about myself for taking action.

Well, I returned to said salon (I know I should have boycotted, but its hard to find a good stylist!) this week only to discover that all the fake crap was GONE!!!! All of it, two jewelry cases, GONE!!! Coincidence? I think not!

For those keeping score:
Counterfeiters 1,000,000
Kari 1

But don't count me out yet!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you're back in action!
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete